Sunday, November 21, 2010

Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation Review/ Swatches!!

The next product that I am going to talk about in my products I love blog series is the Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation! If you watch my videos you most likely know that I love this foundation. It is by far my favorite foundation. This foundation is oil free and meant to be worn on all different skin types, It has medium-full coverage and a dewey/glowy finish. I personally have combination/dry skin and although I have heard people with oily skin say they like this foundation, I'm not so sure everyone with oily skin will. I am a HUGE fan of the dewey finish, I think there is nothing more beautiful then having dewey skin, that is a big reason why I love this foundation so much. However, in the Summer this foundation for me at least, is not my fave. I am much more oily in the Summer then I am in the Winter and this foundation only enhances that. While I don't mind it at all in the Fall/ Winter (& even Spring), in the Summer my skin just looks too shiny with this on. The coverage is amazing, I don't need too much concealer when I wear this foundation. It is medium but build able to full coverage but it does not feel heavy or goopy at all. My favorite way to apply it is with my fingers, it melts it beautifully into the skin. I also like to apply it with a stippling brush on days where I don't want to get my hands dirty. I own this in three different shades, Rose ivory is one of the lightest shades, probably most comparable to Nw15-20 skin tones (my perfect match). Beige ivory is one shade darker and is most like Nw25 skintones. I also have cashew beige (my Summer shade) which is comparable to Nw30. 
This is not meant to be a long-wearing foundation, but I find that it lasts nicely on me throughout the day. I also think that you have to set this, or again it can be a little oily looking. I like to use the Shesiedo translucent loose powder or the Geurlain meteorites to set it. When looking for a foundation, I mostly look for one that has very good coverage and a nice dewey or natural looking finish, this foundation definitely does those two things and that is why it's my favorite!


Swatches for color reference: 
Rose Ivory (top)
Beige Ivory (bottom)

I hope you guys enjoyed this little review, I am probably going to do a real review on my youtube channel for this foundation because I love it so much! Thanks for your support, hopefully I will be back to making videos soon!
Love, Nikki

2 comments:

  1. hi
    im nc25 shade , SAND BEIGE in revlon color stay
    what shade does match my skin from this foundation??
    sadly i dont have this brand in my country :( so i will order this online :)
    please help me ASAP

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are NOT NW15. That Rose Ivory looks like it is far too pale for you.

    ReplyDelete